Love those Berb Kids!

We had Jonah and Lydia's spring concert this evening. It was so sweet! It was a tribute to the history of music in America. Jonah's class was themed for the 1940's. They sang 2 songs. Jonah was the conductor of the train in the song "The Wabash Cannonball" and delighted his Mom as he sang "singin' In the Rain" from of course one of the best musicals ever! Lydia's class was themed for the 1950's. This was a fun one! They sang "At The Hop" and "Yakety Yak" Lydia danced Great!!! We were sad though, because we had a great poodle skirt the girls got for Christmas, but Lydia threw up on it a while back. She still looked cute in her polka-dot dress. The other girls had fun too. They danced and put on lip gloss. Give the girls lip gloss and they are happy for a long time. Ruby kept trying to put it on her friend Libby. (and Daddy, and Leigh, and Jordan, and Jonah)
We heard some exciting news tonight. Someone found mushrooms today! I can't wait! I love mushrooms. My Dad was the best mushroom hunter ever! The year he died he found a TON of mushrooms! Unfortunately, he would not tell us where he found them. Too bad for us!
Ok...here is a Sarah thinking thought.

Can a little girl ever have enough dresses? We have been getting dresses for 7 years now. I don't think I have ever gotten rid of one. We just keep passing them down to the next sister. As of last summer, I believe I counted 58 dresses in the girls closet. Today I tried to look through and determine if I could part with any of them. I don't think I can! Now, don't get me wrong, I loan them out, no problem, but sell them? No way man! I LOVE my girls in dresses! They look so sweet! The viscious cycle is that every year Lydia gets older. Every year we need to go up a size. And every year I can count on Ben's Mom getting at least one dress for each girl. (I LOVE that she does that) I think that I will just keep things as they are. No need to be rash. No need to get rid of anything. Just need a bigger closet.
Good night
Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I think that I am the opposite. Ally is cute in a dress but I feel the need to get in one on Sunday - tradition. I think she is a doll in shorts or capris. I like to dress her up like my 7th graders. She doesn't have the "stuff" to show off so it is still cute.

Popular Posts