Happy Fathers Day!






OK...so its a day late. Sorry!
Can I just say that I am absolutely thrilled that my wonderful brother Tim commented on my blog site. Tim! I am so happy that you had a great Fathers Day! You are a wonderful Daddy! I love you, and Megan, Zeke, and Naomi!
We had a fun day as well. Ben had breakfast in bed. Toast, with Rhubarb jam. Orange juice. All on a nice tray. Too cute! The kids made their handprints on paper for Ben. We had a nice morning at Church, then spent the afternoon in Cedasr Rapids, with Ben's Family. We went to a splash pad, which is just a wading park with sprinklers and such. Tons of fun! The kids loved it! Plus it is free! I thought that Lily would be nervous about it, but she was totally into it! We got to see the Aunts, Sarah Ashton, and Lauren, plus Aunt Abigail and Uncle Greg, with Everett, and Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Daniel, with Ashton, Cora, and Eli. And Grandpa Stan and Grandma Debbie. Fun was had by all! We ended the day by just relaxing and having a nice evening at home. Ben spent some time helping Lydia use her new bow and arrow that she got for her birthday, and we went on a nice golf cart ride. We love our golf cart.

We did have a great week last week with our first High School Camp. I was able to help with registration. That was so fun. Paige and I are also in charge of setting up the Camp Store.(note the name change...previously the book store, but only a few books, circa 1972) We are having fun with that. We are in the process of slashing prices! We have old shirts and sweatshirts, some are 5 years old! They just need to go! We are having fun and can't wait to cycle new things in as we go. Anyone interested in discount camp items? Let me know! We have youth sizes too! All in all the week was great! The campers had a great time! I heard lots of excited kids in the Camp Store with their parents on Saturday Morning. We did have some bugs, but we have it figured out now, and I am hopeful that I will see more of Ben this week. We had 83 kids last week, and this week we have, I think 57 pre-registered. Only 15 boys! We have 8th graders this week. It should be fun! We are looking forward to another great week!
On a personal note, I had more fun last week than I have had in while here.
I have a few pictures that I am going to post, They have nothing to do with camp, it's just that Stephanie gave me a new disk of some pics she took over the last 6 months. Enjoy!

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
In the above group picture Lydia looks like the only one not enjoying being there!!

Popular Posts