Sanity NOW!

Oh goodness...what a week! We had the birthdays, everything fine... We got sick, everything not fine. Last Tuesday Fiona woke up from her nap with a 103 degree temp. OK Motrin, doing better...barf at 6:00. OK, so then she seemed fine. No fever, ate food, all good! Fast forward to midnight. Ruby May wakes up burning hot. Wipe the bottom, give Motrin, make a bed for her on my floor, Lillian wakes up burning hot. Change pants, Motrin, nurse, back to her bed. I'm thinking OK they have what Fiona had. Should be over by morning. Nope. Wed. Still sick. Thurs. Still sick. OK take them to the Dr. on Thursday afternoon. Sorry, they have a virus. It'll just have to run it's course. OK I can do that. I think. Ruby, would love for me to hold her all day. I would, except Lily wants to nurse all day. Laundry done? Why no! Vaccuuming done? Why no! Anything done? Uh, no! OK after they go to sleep, I get some things accomplished. Friday. Girls still not good. Am taking Lily to the Dr at 3 o'clock. Take Ruby's temp, 103.6. OK, Motrin, she should be fine. Lily is worse. We have albuterol treatments to take in our spare time. I get home to find that Ruby is still running a 103.3 temp, after Motrin. I call the on call Doc. He says take them both in to the ER. I have Joy come meet us in Iowa City, so she can take the other kids home to go to bed. Mom and Eddie come too for moral support. (My Mom has a boyfriend...TEEHEE) Ruby smiles for her chest X-ray. Phnemonia in both lungs. Lillian has a double ear infection. Both on drugs and today has been better. Lily has a terrible rash on her bottom. She has not had an appetite. Just wanting to nurse....a lot. We go on vacation on Thursday. Pray that I will be ready!
AHHH!

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
And this is why I haven't heard from my dear Sarah - I hope that they are feeling better! Have fun on vacation!
Kiki said…
I too hope they feel better and you can get ready to have fun!

Popular Posts