Need Advice

So I need your advice. I want to buy a digital camera. I think that we are the only people we know who do not have one. We get by, don't get me wrong. When I get my film developed I get everything on a disc. We also have a junky digital, but it is really not worth keeping. The problem is that I love my Nikon. I am spoiled with a really nice film camera. I just love it. Ben is a kind of camera junkie. When we were dating he had an old Nikon that took great pictures, but was only manual focus. When we got married he realized that his new bride could not run a manual focus for anything, so we upgraded to a nice big manual/auto focus camera that either one of us could run. Ben was able to take great pictures for 3 weddings with that camera. The pictures he took at his sister Amanda's wedding were absolutely georgous! But, we decided to upgrade when Ben's sister Abigail got married. (he did not take pics at her wedding) So, now I have a Nikon N70. I am spoiled by it and would like to get a digital that is comparable. I have the flash and zoom lens that will transfer to a Nikon Digital. So...I have started to save my pennies. Is this selfish? Should I just get a camera that is more affordable? Should I keep saving? I don't know? I guess I should just be patient.

On another note...Jonah is still at my Mom's. He has been with her for 1 whole week. My Mom is in no rush to get rid of him it appears. It sounds like we will get him back Thursday or Friday. Also, Lydia is at Grandma Debbie's and Grandpa Stan's this week visiting Clara, and Fiona is with her Aunt, Uncle, and cousins this week so she can go to day camp with Adeline. So, it is just Ruby, Lillian, Ben and I this week. Talk about weird!

Catching up on the laundry.

Sarah

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! I love that picture of you guys! We can't get pictures of the kids all looking one way. You guys are beautiful. As far as the camera..you'll love the features of a digital camera. But you guys take such great pictures now. Tough call. Hmmm..I'd say buy a really nice digital camera that is equivalent to what you have now. BYW, we have Jonah's shoes and bible. I'll try to get them to your mom before he comes home. Love you, Libby
Anonymous said…
Sarah, I echo the beautiful family comment!! I also agree with the advice to get one equal to the film camera. You'll like features of both. I have my dad's old but great Canon Rebel that I wouldn't trade for any digital! Some thoughts...Tasha

Popular Posts