Here is what is new!

Well, yesterday I ended up meeting Mom and Beka, Joy, and Aunt Candy in Williamsburg. We did some shopping and then headed up to the old U of I to eat supper with Drew, Sam, and Shaelynn. Shaelynn was getting her chemo when we left. It was just nice to be with the Family for the evening. I was able to get and give the hugs I needed, and to see Shaelynn was awesome. Continue to pray for my family. With everything going on and such. Shaelynn gets her MRI next week. From there we will figure out surgery and such.

I was thinking I would enlighten all of you with some of my thoughts.

How many pictures do you need to have on your fridge. Fiona has about 8 on the fridge and is expanding to the wall. Every one has something special about it. Most of them are for Shaelynn. Or for other random people who I think...why are we making 6 pictures for that camper who you can't remember her name? Anyway, Fiona is artistic.

How often do you allow your child to express themselves through their wardrobe, or dress up clothes? Yesterday while I was with my family, Ben had Lydia, Fiona, and Ruby. Now normally this is a lot of me to ask of Ben, even though he is their Dad. He is just so busy, I normally try to find out a way to at least take Ruby...she is 3. Anyway, yesterday they went swimming. After swimming Ben brought them home to get changed for supper. Ruby comes out in a dress up outfit that is a kind of hoochie-ish
Normally I would not think much of her wearing something like a princess dress or something like that, but this? No way! Paige tells me all about this, this AM.

Lydia is just so sweet. The girl is just plain nice. I love her.

Can I ask for a poll? How many diapers is the husband required to change? I was thinking about this, and have decided that I have changed far too many. Do you know that I have been buying diapers for 9 years 7.5 months? Straight! No breaks in between children! Ahhh! Please DO NOT DO THE MATH FOR ME! Too sad.

WARNING: SENSITIVE MATERIAL, MEN WE ARE TALKING GIRL STUFF!


On that note, I have also only had 6 periods since Ben and I have been married. That is what is nice about having a lot of kids, plus nursing them all for at least 13 months.

I am still nursing Lillian. She is 14 months old. Ben is itching to have his "spaces" back, but she is my baby. No more babies here. I know you don't believe me, but I think that this is true. Weaning seems so cruel since she is still sleeping in our room. She will wake up in the night and just say "Maaa" How can I just ignore that? I love nursing her.

This is all for now I guess. More later I am sure.
Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I'm a working mom so I can't say that we have the same situation. We try and take turns or whoever is not busy. Jason is usually the servant and gives in to do it. When I am home - Jason tries to do it for me at night.

I will get boo'd by someone and I am a fan of nursing, but I think that 1 yr is enough especially when they can ask for it. But only you, Ben (and God) knows what is best for your daughter.
Anonymous said…
Sarah, Wow! I admire you for the years of diapers and nursing!! I miss nursing so much! Lilian being your last I can understand your reluctance to give it up. I always let the kids decide when they were done - easier for me that way. I just couldn't stand the crying from them when they wanted something so good and something I could give them. Caleb made the decision way too early (11months). Anyway, just some thoughts. Love, Tasha
Brenda Rae said…
Sarah - is this the Tasha I know?
Sarah said…
yes brenda...it is! they joined us here for the weekend retreat. lots of good catching up.

Popular Posts