July 10th






July 10 is here again. This is one of those days of the year that is particularly difficult. 4 years ago my beloved Dad was taken home to be with His Lord. Words can not express how much I miss my Daddy, or how much my kids miss Grandpa Mike. I just miss him so much! I was talking to my Mom and Joy the last time that I was home, and the funny thing is that we are all in agreement that Ruby May is truely all Mike. We find it so appropriate that she is the first grandchild born after his Dad's homegoing. She is so funny! She is sooo much like my Dad! Stubborn a mile wide! I wish he could have met all of these beautiful grandkids.
I am planning on meeting my Mom and sisters tomorrow. Shaelynn is in Iowa City getting her chemo treatment, so Samantha may be able to come with us as well. I am looking forward to just seeing everyone.
I don't know. I just feel kind of empty right now. Emotional too. I know what and who will feel the void, but for some reason I want to feel the pain. I think I need to keep everything real. To remind me how I healed my heart 4 years ago, and to continue to heal it over and over again. God fills the void. God heals me over and over. God is my Daddy. Praise Him!
Tell me what you think of these pictures. The reason I took them is so that my kids can realize that they have a Grandpa, and to understand that he is in Heaven. Jonah of course remembers things about Dad that amaze me, and Lydia also is having memories that she has that I really can not believe! Jonah was 5, Lydia was 3, and Fiona was 10 months old.
I guess I don't know what else to say.
Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I love the picts. I remember the day as we stood in Turkey talking to Eric B on the phone - his mom had called to tell him and he knew I would want to know. Love you Sarah - I wish I could have been there for you.
Anonymous said…
Sarah, The pictures are wonderful. I think that talking about him with the kids will help your kids remember him even if they didn't know him. I have been thinking a lot about my mom today. I know that feeling things fully is best. Plus, you get to remember all the good times - that is a great feeling! Love, Tasha
sarah marie said…
I love those pics! I especially love the one of Lillian and your mom. You dad was so special to me and my family!!! I am sure today is really hard, so just know that I am praying special prayers for you and your whole family today. love you!

Popular Posts