July 4th

Yes...this is overdue, but I did say that I would tell you all about our 4th activities. We finished beginners camp at 1pm on Wednesday at 1pm. We had to finish up a few things around the campground to prepare for the Family weekend retreat that is going on this weekend. So we were able to leave around 3ish to go to Williamsburg for the Sesquitinnial (sp?) celebration. The parade was at 4. We went to the Weinbrenner home right on the parade route, and enjoyed the wonderfully small town parade. Can I jsut say that we Iowans love tractors! Probably about 80 tractors. Anyway, lots of fun was had by all. Candy for the children, candy for the Mom's and Dad's. It was all good. Our friends Leigh and Amy were there with their 4 kids, Jason and Brenda Willis, with Ally and Drew, were there with Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Rhonda. Alex Laird was there with his sweet dog Ernie. Celsey Rees was there too! (Camp people) Becca and her family were wonderful host's! Becca has a puppy named Tabby. Ruby and Fiona LOVE Tabby! Becca took Jonah, Fiona and Ruby to the Go Fish concert on Wed. morning. They had a ball! So, after the parade, we had some supper with the Weinbrenner family, and then took the kids on a drive so they could get a snooze before the fireworks extravaganza! It was a really nice fireworks show.

So, now we have the Family Weekend Retreat going on. Fun! But busy! We have many friends here this weekend. There are about 12 couples who are old friends of ours. (old?) It is a reunion of sorts. Lots of prople we know from our camp days. Also, friends from home. Some family, and friends from here. Can't believe it!

Keep praying for the camp, we have a lot going on, many projects coming up. They are narrowing the search for a permenent Manager, they are working on the house fund, and we have buildings that need serious repair. It seems to continually compound. Through it all, we have never been happier here. We are continually blessed by this wonderful ministry. To see these little kids put their trust in Christ, and how excited they are! Unbelieveable! That alone is worth every struggle, every down day, every time I think I can't go another minute, the Lord reminds me how He works. His ways are truely mysterious.

Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I hope that you have a great weekend. I think our activities of trying on flower girl dresses took too long and can't come down for the afternoon. Give everyone hugs for me!
Anonymous said…
I love reading your blog...it sounds like you had a great time celebrating the 4th. I wish I would have read your other blog yesterday, so I could have been in prayer, but I will just continue to pray for both Carol and Shaelynn. Have a great day at camp today!!!!

Popular Posts