well.  we had a wonderful time with 8 kids this weekend.  fun was had by all, joy was in 8 children's eyes, and Ben's too.  we took them all to the grinnell regional airport that ben's uncle runs.  We watched a by-plane do a fly by, and played with the nickelodeon.  we ran around the hanger, and saw ben's grandparents, and his aunt too.  we ate hot dogs off the george foreman grill, and had chocolate milk.  we watched ben and uncle bill ride a unicycle, and the highlight was to take each of us on a plane ride.  jonah, samuel, and simon were first.  they loved it!  samuel got off the plane, and said "that was awesome!"  simon said while holding himself, "it made me have to go potty!"  and jonah just smiled.  then up went lydia, fiona, and adeline.  they loved it as well! 
uncle bill made sure that we all got a small roller coaster ride too, so that was the talk of the girls landing.  ben took ruby and yes lily went too.  she was very nervous, and thought about upchucking hot dogs and chocolate milk.  thankfully for bill, who had no barf bags, she did not.
Then it was my turn to take a ride.  i was skeptical, as my rather wide tukus, made me feel insecure, but being the good sport i am obliged.  i must admit that i am glad i did.  it was very pretty, and only the 2nd time i have flown.  uncle bill did roller coaster me 3 times (not cool bill) but all in all very fun!
upon landing however, the not fun part began.  as i was running into the airport to tell ben to open the hanger, i tripped on the brightly painted yellow curb, falling, and landing very awkwardly on my finger, causing it to bend all the way back, (touched the back of my hand people) and break fairly badly.  while ben was taking me to the er, he looked at me, and said "we just left 8 kids with them" (aunt, uncle, granny and grandpa doc.)  I looked at him, smiled and said "lets keep going!"  just kidding of course.  at the er the dr. proceeded to tell mr that the break is bad enough, that they would not be able to do anything except splint it and recommend a orthopedic surgeon.  so, here i sit, on vicodin, after ben has called all over southeast iowa looking for someone to look at this blasted finger before thanksgiving.  we do have an appt. with dr. johns in cedar rapids tomorrow, but likely will not be able to have anything "fixed" before thursday.  bummer.  i am still hopeful that with some help (sarah guth) that i will be ablr to make ben's bumbleberry pie for thanksgiving.  i know this pie sounds weird, but it truly is a gift from heaven.  i am sure that the angels eat it!

will post later.  it takes me a long time to type with one hand, and drives me nuts with no capitol letters, but it will have to do!



Comments

CalieB said…
Ouchy Sarah that sounds very very painful :( Hope if feels better soon!
Lindsay said…
Hey Sarah!
I have to ask: How do I get a song to play when people read my blog? I have a song in my itunes library I want to play.

Popular Posts