What's new with us.

So, who saw the sunrise this morning? For the record, it was beautiful, even though I was up with an energetic 1 year old at 5 something. I have been seeing a lot of them lately.

Here is a sad question: What do you do when your children come and fantom crawl into your bed in the middle of the night? Ben and I are to the age now (uhh, bummer) that we are generally unaware of night activities unless there is vomiting involved. Even I, who used to be able to hear the child breathe, am not waking when the "fantom's" enter the room and crawl in. This morning we woke up with 2 girls in the bed. Usually it is just Ruby, but sometimes Fiona joins her. We don't know when, or how, but they are there in the morning. What can we do? I don't really want to lock the door, just in case there is a vomiting incident and running is then involved, but what else can I do? At least the "let me in cry" would wake me up. The question then would be, would I give in because of sheer exhaustion? Why is it that the older you get, the more tired you are in the night? I used to be able to get up with a child, and stay awake long enough to take care of the need and then, put them back in their bed. I had this ability until I had Ruby. When I had Ruby was a turning point. I would get up in the night to nurse her, fall asleep in the chair, and wake up the next morning with a baby still nursing (ahh) and a crick in my neck. I had sadly,lost the ability to be efficient in the night. I find this sad, considering I still have children small enough that I am occasionally needed in the night. What is also a problem, when we have extra's in the bed, it is hard to get a good night's sleep. Mostly this affects Ben, as the girls insist on snuggling Daddy. It's kinda funny because, Ruby crawls in and sniggles in his arms, and Fiona crawls in at his feet. She is 5 now, and you can figure out where her feet land. Poor Ben. He is such a good Dad. So, on that note, any suggestions would be great. I am tired of it.

I have other thoughts, but I will post on those later. This is probably enough for you to absorb for now. Hehe!
Sarah

Comments

Blog Stalker said…
I saw the sunrise. It was gorgeous.

Sorry, I am no help on child-rearing matters.
Brenda Rae said…
man I wish that i could sleep. I have some sleepless nights where my mind is going too fast and can't slow down!
Sarah, We had one in particular doing that a lot. We finally figured out that she was half asleep so if we hugged for a minute then sent her back to bed she'd go without fussing. Of course this would need an awake parent...They do eventually sleep all night in their own beds!
Tash

Popular Posts