Announcements

Announcements. I like giving announcements. It is fun so see the shock and surprise in a persons face when I make and announcement. Most of the time however, I am announcing that I am pregnant yet again, and no one is really all that shocked by that anymore. I am not making one of those announcements. If I were I think Ben would be passed out. For like a long time. He nearly did after I told him about Ruby and Lillian! Good grief. So with all of that being said and me making all of you sit on the edge of your chairs in suspense...here it is.

My Mother is officially engaged. Yes...it is true. I am so happy for her and Eddie. You must understand that the thought of my Mom being alone for the rest of her life scared me. She spent so many years taking care of my Dad, and he spent that many years taking care of her, that the thought of her not being needed or taken care of bothered me. I have a peace now that she will be taken care of. Mom and Eddie have a great relationship, in that they both keep their spouses right there in their midst. Eddie said that he feels that God is calling him to take care of Mom the way my Dad would have. I have great respect for that. It's not that I will not miss Dad, of course that never leaves me, but is the peace in knowing that my Mom has been given the amazing ability to love 2 men. As she describes it, she still has that complete love for my Dad, but God has given her room in her heart to love Eddie in that same way. I truly feel that Mom and Eddie were made for each other. Eddie says the same thing about his wife Denise. So 2 families, 8 kids, 6 spouses, and 15 grandchildren will merge on March 29th. One year after their first walk together.

I am happy, I am excited, I am nervous about the changes that will take place, I am glad my kids will know a new grandpa. I am just happy.

For those of you who know my Grandpa Harvey and Grandma Loyce, would you ever know that Harvey was not my real Grandpa? He and my Grandma were married just a few years before I was born. He is my Grandpa though, and I can't imagine not having him. I just keep thinking of them. I keep thinking of how my Dad's family embraces Harvey as our own. What a gift that God has given us. To love. Thank you Lord.
Sarah

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sarah, that was precious. Made my eyes well up. I thank God for you and your family. He is good! Love you , Libby
Brenda Rae said…
me three! I love your family!

Popular Posts