Ahhh, the quiet times.

So, I am having one of those quiet times. Those precious times when I can get away with the computer, and the only sound I hear is the hum of the lights. I love these times. They rarely happen to me. Ben is at the house with all the kids. Finishing up homework, getting jammies on and such. I am in the camp office. I am hooked right up to the camps network, so hopefully I will be able to post some pictures.

Last weekend was my family's annual Hayride/Chili Dump. For those of you who are not aquainted with what us country folk do for fun, a Chili Dump is when everyone brings their chili and puts it together. We had just around 200 this year. I know you are asking "where so they put that much chili?" My Dad, being resourceful and interesting, found one of those huge iron pots. You know the kind that you see Carolyn Ingalls washing the clothes in. Or if you will, a witches caldron. Anyway, very large, and very full this year. This is one of my favorite days of the year. My family has a great time putting it all together, and it is such fun! We get out all of the old tractors for the hayride, and it's a ball!
This year was such fun! Ben got to go with me, which sometimes does not happen, and we had a great weekend.

The other fun thing about the weekend is that on Sunday we had a lunch with the whole Johnson family (Eddie's Family). This was a great time. We got to visit a lot. We did the normal Kelly things like shoot guns, drive 4 wheelers, and tractors etc. They are a very sweet family, and it is exciting to get to know them.

Again, not successful loading pictures. Just got off the phone with Ben. He makes it sound so easy. I am not very computer savvy, as you may have noted earlier. Until next time.
Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I'm looking forward to them when they do get up! Wow Ben putting them to bed - our honeys our great!

Popular Posts