Ruby May is 5

So, I realize that I have not blogged in well over a month, and yes, I feel guilty. But today was a great day of celebration, of a beautiful girl with a glint in her eyes, and a joy in her heart that surpassed all of my feelings.

Today is Ruby May's Birthday. 5 years ago, yes 5, Ruby May entered our lives with a sparkle and sweet smile. Ruby's birth, as have mentioned before and here too, was very precious to Ben and I. After the loss of Dad, having a new life entering the world just had a way of lightening the load a bit. Although after having Ruby, I did struggle a bit with the baby blues. This was the only one of my 5 that I was a bit blue. In hindsight, I look back at it, and wonder if I just wanted to show her of a bit more than I was able to. I know that sounds weird, but I can remember specifically that we had lots of visitors in that first week, and after some particular visitors, I can remember feeling some amount of relief from the blues. I was able to show her off, and that seemed to snap me out of it.
At 5 Ruby is a very sweet girl. She has a bit of ornery in her, but just the right amount for a girl. She likes to play dress up, and all imagination things. She loves preschool, she adores her siblings, and they adore her too. She has a family of little people still, that she loves! She is particularly fond of putting her pretty dresses on, and prancing around. She likes "tap" shoes, better know as dress shoes that make noise when you walk. She loves to ride her bike, climb trees, she has a bit of an accident prone streak to her, she loves fruit of all sorts, she "reads" to Lillian often, and Lillian and her often play house. She also has an extremely unique voice. I love it!
Today as Ben was tucking her in, he asked her how her day was and if it was special. She said "Dad, it was just a perfect day"
Funny that she would say that, because this day 5 years ago, I looked at her, then Ben, and in an emotional moment filled with memories of my Dad, told Ben that God had in fact given us a perfect girl. With a slight dimple.
Her Daddy named her Ruby May.
















She got new goggles for her Birthday! Hilarious! That's my Ruby!

Comments

Holly said…
Great post! I love it!

Popular Posts