Lillian Ivy is 3


Lillian Ivy. Born May 6, 2006. 7 lbs 3 oz. 20 inches long. 12:12 pm. Beautiful.

The words don't seem possible as they poor out of my mind. She is 3. The thought of that just tickles my heart. She is 3. She has big brown eyes. She is 3. She has a tiny little frame. She is 3. When you ask her how old she is she says "FFFFLEE" She has blondish wavy curls. She is 3. She loves to dance. She is 3. She loves to sing herself to sleep. She is 3. She asks me daily "when da kids get home?" She is 3. My baby is 3.

As in previous years with Lillian's birthday as noted here and here I have taken the opportunity to tell a bit about her. Well, this year is no exception. She is an absolute joy and blessing to Ben and I, and I find that everyday through her eyes is something that is special. She is such a quaint girl. She is small, and dainty, but loves to get dirty too. Her imagination is pretty vivid. She has an imaginary friend (at least we think so) named Ka-lola. Ka-lola travels with us, shops, and pretty much goes with us everywhere. Lily just talks about her. Nothing more. Which is just fine. Jonah has an imaginary friend named Cowboy who enjoyed spraying hoses into open windows, among other questionable things.....
Lillian continues to dote on her Daddy. She has always been a Daddy's girl. She is very talkative. Her hair has gone from almost reddish, to blondish. She is now a whopping 27 lbs. Last year she was only 23. She now shares a room with Ruby.

I wish Dad could have met her here on earth. Oh how I would love to see him hold her as he held Jonah, Lydia, and Fiona. He was totally captured by each of his grandchildren, and Lillian would have been no exception. Nor would any of the other 6 Grandchildren. My heart aches for that picture. What comfort there is in a Savior who knows our sorrow, and can turn it into joy! Complete Joy. Lacking in nothing. WOW!

Happy Birthday Lillian Ivy.

Comments

BekaKay said…
love the "WOW!"
chat to text said…
What a blessing that you are enjoying every moment with your children, it goes by sooo fast! one minute they are FFFFLEE and then "Blink" you are walking them down the isle! And now we seemed to have "Blinked" again and are expecting our 1st grandchild...I am going to cherish those words from our grandchild...I'm FFFFLEEE

Popular Posts