Love my Lover..... Love Letters

In keeping with the theme that has been going on this week, I have decided to share something very sweet with you all.  Ben and I dated for a year, and during that year we sent each other 2-3 letters a week.  Looking back I realize what a special treasure I have, in both the letters, and Ben.  While being a very wonderful husband and father, he is quite the author.  I am not sure if this is just my opinion, since I was the recipient of all of the lovely words, or if in actuality he is a great writer.  I know that the letters were a great way for us to get to know each other, and also an unexpected way for us to fall in love.  Hmmmm.  I love Love Letters.



This is the box where we keep all of those keepsakes from the "Year of the Letters".  






I love this Box and all that it represents to me. This box is old and tattered, but it is held together by some strong supports.  I sometimes feel like Ben and I are like an old married couple.  We read each other well, and we hold hands a lot.  We are held securely by a strong support.  When you open up the box you see a lot of letters, trinkets and keepsakes.  The things that are part of our foundation that I will always cherish.  I resist the urge to share a tidbit or 2 out of the box.  But for now, I am just going to look through it myself, and enjoy the memories, and feel the way I felt 12 years ago.  Amazing! and Mushy. :)

Oh how I Love my Lover.

Comments

buttercup said…
AAHH- how romantical = ) Paul and I have our box of letters as well. we spent two summers apart during college-- it is fun to re-read them.
I love it! Post an excerpt from one! This gets me to thinking. I used to have a juno account when we were dating and we shared emails when we were apart.... I'm sure they are lost forever, but part of me wonders if they might be floating in cyberspace....

PS Heather - jump on the bandwagon already and join the Month of Mush!

Popular Posts