Terrible blogger.

So, I am a terrible blogger. I have neglected to share with you all that is going on in our live for the last 2 weeks. The bad thing is that so many exciting things have been happening!

I have, once again, become an Aunt. On Saturday, June 14, 2008 at 3:44 pm. Rebekah and Curtis welcomed sweet Adah Kay Beekman into the world. She is absolutely beautiful and has a full head of hair. She is precious beyond words and I can safely tell you that my Auntie pride has kicked in! Here is a pic of her!



As well as becoming an Aunt, I have been busily enjoying our summer here at camp. We have had 3 weeks of campers. While we had Jr. high last week. Lydia spent the week with my Mom. She had such a fun time! She got to visit her new cousin Adah, and her big brother Michael, and she got to visit Killian too! She loved having a water balloon fight with Grandma and Grandpa Eddie, Grandma took her to the new West Burlington pool, she spent the night with her new cousin Gracie, and worked in the garden with her Great Grandparents. She had a great week.
This week is 5th and 6th grade camp. Jonah is a camper this week. He appears to be having a ball! He has received 8 letters and 2 packages. Lydia is back home, but Ruby went to go spend time with Grandma and Grandpa this week. I miss her! Things are weird here because Jonah and Ruby are both gone. It is very quiet. Fiona is trying to make up for the lack of noise by being overly busy, and she is doing a fair job at it. She will go spend next week with Grandma.
Camp has been going well. This year we have started something new called TAG team. This is a volunteer/discipleship program set up for what used to be support staff. We have 8 volunteers who rotate between the kitchen, dishroom, and whatever other cleaning need to get done. It has really worked out very well. We have gone from serving buffet style, to serving family style. This has been an awesome decision! We get the kids in, fed, and out of the dining hall in a 1/2 hour!! This is amazing! The TAG team member serve each table like a waiter, and then they take care of all of the dishes. It is so nice.
Next week is beginners camp. We are expecting around 45 kids. Our Family Weekend Retreat starts next weekend. We only have 3 families registered for it. I think that is because of the 4th of July. If you are thinking of coming to it, Please call and register! 319-655-7693.
I should sign off for now, as I need to finish my daily laundry piles. I will try to be a better blogger.
Sarah

Comments

Amy said…
Hey Sarah -
I was thinking of possibly stopping by Sunday, the 6th. I don't know yet though!! We have a family reunion in Fairfield and then we're driving back to Missouri on Sunday. So it's a little out of the way, but we'll stop by if I can convince my parents with whom I am also driving.

Popular Posts