Lillian Ivy





Well, I should have written this yesterday, but yesterday was really busy!

Lillian Ivy Berberich was born to Ben and I 2 years ago. She is the last hurrah, after a line of 4 other siblings. She is one of 5 wonderful children that make each day in this home exciting and fun.

Lillian was born on a Saturday. It was our second summer here at camp, and we were getting close to some retreats, so I chose to be induced. I was actually due on Ruby's birthday, May 1, so being induced on the 6th was just fine with me. This was the first time that I had ever been induced. We arrived at the hospital at 8am on that Saturday. Even a mother of 5 gets very nervous, and I was. I loved my Dr. She told me the best thing a mother would like to hear. She said "Hey, this is your 5th one. Tell me what you need and how you think that things are going." Love Dr. Clevenger! I settled in our room. They came in and broke my water at 9am. I was anticipating this taking some time. I laid back as Ben looked through the Baby name book, and read some verses to me. Things were coming along. I was slowly making things happen, but was really wanting an epidural. Note that I had an epidural with Jonah, and none with the others. I was looking forward to it with great anticipation. At about 4 cm.,(11:45) they came in to give me an epidural. He finished it at 11:55. I in great comfort now, laid back to relax. I was feeling like I may need to go to the potty, but with an epidural you can't walk to the bathroom, so they have to cath. you. They did this right after the epi. No potty. I felt pressure, so they checked me, and I was at 10cm. Completely ready to push. So, at 12:12, Lillian Ivy entered our world. I was thrilled to have another girl. Having a boy, after 3 girls would have been an adjustment for me.
It has been so wonderful to have our little Lillian in our family. She is a sweet example so how our Father loves us. She is patient, she is loving, she joyous. She is a true gift from our Savior! We love having her.
Lillian at age 2 is about 23 pounds, yes I know, tiny, she is talking a lot. She is very expressive in how she speaks. She gets excited about the smallest things. She loves her siblings. She is very patient with all of them. She really takes a lot. She is really a Daddy's girl. Ben loves this! This is really the first one that really would rather have him over me. Not all of the time, but more often then not. She has big curls in her hair. Her hair is almost red. She is lovely. I love her!
What a joy Lillian is to us.

Comments

Popular Posts