Start of a new school year.

Today marked a sad day for me. The beginning of the school year. At 7:40 this morning 3 of my children climbed on the bus and waved goodbye. Jonah started 4th grade, Lydia started 2nd grade, and Fiona started a Mon, Wed. Fri. preschool class. I have such mixed emotions in all of this. I miss my kids terribly. I love having them at home. The beginning of the school year means the end of camp. I get to spend time with Lillian and Ruby, just the 3 of us for 3 day a week. I don't know. I still miss my kids terribly. I do look forward to having just the little girls home though.
Camp did end well. Family Camp is my favorite week. Nearly my whole family was here, and the speakers were great! Bible Speaker Brooks Simpson spoke on Abraham. Excellent! Missionary Speaker James Gleaves was very very good. He was a MK in the Rainforest of Columbia. His stories and accounts of his time in the jungle were riveting! Really good!
These next few weeks will be crazy. I have taken over answering the camp phone while we are in between directors. We are transferring camp calls to the camp's cell phone, and I just keep it with me. This is kinda fun, and a way for me to continue to save for my camera fund. I am getting paid to answer the phone. YAY! I have not done any kind of paid work for a long time! We will also be moving in the next few weeks as well. We are moving into the Managers house here at camp. I am really kind of excited about this. There are 5 bedrooms, and a large basement area where the kids can go. Shocking to think that I will not have to step over whatever they are playing with just to get through the room! I also am happy that we will be able to have company over now without feeling bad about not having room for everyone. The next few weeks will be interesting!
Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
James Gleaves???? Did he bring his family. They were one of the first families that we met in STL. I love their kids! Their second oldest was around alot while we were at our some of our friends
Mindy said…
Sarah, how exciting to be moving into a big house! I'm happy for you. I hope you and Ben get a rest. :)

Popular Posts