Jonah is 14.

The day has arrived again.  My son is another year older. 14 to be exact. 14. 14!  OK, now that that is out of my system, reflections on 14 years with Jonah.  1997, December 23.  I am totally and adoringly in love with a baby boy.  Sweet thing with a little crik in his nose.  Tiny boy, much potential.
1998, summertime, Jonah is now walking. I can't believe it!  at 8 months old we have a tiny toddling boy, who fits right under tables, and is quickly on his way to running.  
2000, June 5. Lydia joins our family.  I had no reason to be nervous (though I was) he took her right into his heart, and lovingly adored her, got her into trouble a few times, but what are big brothers for?
2000, summer into fall into winter, Jonah is my biggest helper.  With Daddy working in Grinnell, it's just us 3 at home.  We make it work, Jonah is a great help, and is showing Lydia how to play with matchbox cars.  Sweet.
2002, again, Jonah lovingly welcomed Fiona.  He prayed for a boy oh so many times, but the look on his face when he saw her said it all.  He was head over heals over another sister. He told his Mom and Dad that she was "sure pretty" (she was)  The same response was true for the adding of Ruby and Lillian, each time praying so hard for a boy, and each time melting like butter upon meeting his sisters. 
2003, July.  Jonah lost his best friend.  Grandpa Mike.  Oh the memories they had together.  He will forever remember sweet times with Grandpa Mike.
2005, January.  Our family sets out on a great adventure.  Moving to East Iowa Bible Camp.  Jonah took the transition like a champ.  The fishing hole at camp has never been the same.  :)
2007, December.  You turned 10.  I was astonished that I could possible have a 10 year old. This is how I felt then. Think back... Jonah is 10.
2011, The year has come. Jonah is turning 14. Learners permit. Growth spurts. Eating like a horse. Girls calling. Cell phone.  Reading through the bible. Spiritual growth. All these things I have prayed over him for years are here.  I can't wait to see the man that God is growing him into.  I love you Jonah Michael Berberich.

Comments

Popular Posts