Bad blogger....

Seriously!!  3 posts this month?  What is going on?  I am not entirely sure, it may have something with the twice a week hand therapy that is an hour away, it may also be the exercises that I have to do at home, that seriously take me at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a day.  Stupid broken finger. Yes, I said the "S" word. (which is major in our house!)  I'll say it again.... stupid finger....  Prepare for a totally random post, with little or no direction.

So, things have been hoppin' round here.  Kids are good, hubbster is good, pup is good, and new hamster is good.  
*************************************************************************************
Confession time:  I have Facebook stalked a lot this week.  I am totally a stalker on Facebook.  I confess.  While my "stalking" habits do not include anything serious or scary (thanks Wiki)  
I do enjoy finding out the occasional tidbit about my friends lives, and frankly it is an easy way to keep up with my friends and family.   ***On a side note.... Did you know that following a blog without leaving a comment is considered blog lurking? (Thanks Jenna)  The old read and run. How does that hit you?  I am totally a lurker.  To be fair... I subscribe to an RSS feed, and that sends me a message in my mailbox every time one of my blog friends posts something new.  And then I usually just read it in my mailbox.  Sorry for the lurking.  I will attempt to be better.
*************************************************************************************
Did you know that I have mad skills?  Seriously!  I am able to pull Ben out of snowbanks with a single bound!  OK, well maybe not a single bound, but I have over the last few years been working on the skills!  I happen to get plenty of practice too, our camp trucks are susceptible to getting stuck in nearly each snowfall.  This is a skill, I assure you.  You have to be able to follow direction, know what each finger movement, and eye roll mean. You hav
e to listen to the motor, and know how to implement 4 wheel drive.   You need to be able to take an occasional yelling, and be patient with your frustrated hubbster.  These coupled with a few other tricks, like a nice long mushy kiss, will assure you of victory!  If victory does not happen, don't worry. You will now learn how to pull a truck out of a snowbank with a tractor!  Much more fun.
*************************************************************************************
This is my child.  She loves to laugh, and run, play make believe, and dress up, and basically anything fun.  She has been dubbed at one time or another as "Silly Lily" and lives up to her nickname.  I found her this morning looking like this:


















What do you think?  Ronald McDonald?  Notice how the "Yip-stick" does not, at any point, touch her "yips"  Notice also, the oatmeal still stuck to her face.  Hmmmm.  

I say PRECIOUS!
*************************************************************************************
I also wanted to fill you in on some not so fun stuff.  I believe that I have talked about Samantha's Mom Carol before, but to refresh you.  Carol, Samantha's Mom, and Shaelynn's Grandma, has been battling cancer for 4 years.  She went to the loving arms of her Saviour yesterday morning at 6:10.  Honestly the mind boggles at the timing of things, but we know that God has each of our days accounted for and knows exactly what we can take.  February 19 is a year since Shaelynn passed.  I take comfort in some things though.  She is no longer in pain. NO PAIN!  It is gone!  Carol deserved that.  She had endured so much.  She is also holding onto her beautiful Granddaughter Shaelynn.  I know she ached for that.  There is much sadness, as this loss leaves a hole, I pray for Jeff, Samantha, Drew and Killian, Calie and Phillip, Kenny, Kara and Mattingly, Keaton, Kohl, Justine, Victor and Talon.  I pray for that peace that surpasses all understanding.  I take joy in the joy that Carol was.  I personally will never look at a vacuum without thinking of Carol.  She was a great Mom, and an awesome Grandma.  She made me feel like part of the family.  When I would tell her goodbye, after a visit, she would give me an hug and kiss on the cheek, and tell me she loved me.  I truly loved her too. 

Sarah


Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I won't lurk today - but I think Lily takes after her mom!

Popular Posts