Must Blog.

I realize that I have been lazy in updating my blog. I have had a hard time coming out of the feelings and emotions of my last blog, that I have not been able to actually sit down and write a new post. It's almost like if I go on with things like normal, I will feel guilty. Like everyone will think that life is back to normal without our Shaelynn. I assure you it is not. I realize that life can never be as it was with her here, I also appreciate what God has given in her home going. I still grieve. I still daily explain things to my children. I love that baby girl, and miss her desperately. But the peace that surpasses all understanding is right here with me in my thoughts, and grief. I know that my Savior is here with me, giving me His quiet assurances, and love. With that being said, I must fill you in on what has been going on here in our lives lately.

Today is one of those days. One of those weeks in fact. Do you ever have those? The week that just does not seem to go even remotely how it should? Ahhhh... welcome to my week.

It all started last week actually. I was very excited about many things last week. Ben was preparing for a large retreat tat was happening last weekend. I was busily preparing for my kids going visiting, to family and friends homes, as Ben and I were going to a Christian Camping conference in Wisconsin. We were to leave on Sunday with Tyson and Sarah. Yay! Joy came and visited us on Wed. evening and Thursday. Yay! That was fun! I was also excited about Ben and I celebrating our 11th anniversary on Sat. March 8, with my 32nd Birthday following on Monday the 10th. As I frantically prepared all the laundry necessary for 5 children and 2 adults to be gone for 4 days, I noticed that Ben was a bit sluggish. I kept thinking that he would perk up, he just had a cold, then by Wednesday, I was thinking that he had better go to the Dr. just in case it was something more than a cold, to which he assured me it was not. Friday morning comes. Ben has a fever. Ben never gets a fever! This was bad on many levels. I called the Dr. and the were booked pretty solid, but thought that they could fit him in, late afternoon. Our cook was coming to prep a meal for 20 people for this retreat, while preparing to house 100 for the night. (Note: We don't have enough room to house 100 without using the cabin's) Moving mattresses to the craft room and such, needed to happen. Ben is not able to get off the couch.
Dr. diagnosis? Influenza. BUMMER!! Cancel our trip to Wisconsin. Sanitize all children. Sanitize again. Damage already done. Start the Tamiflu. Pray that it works in one day so we can at least have some sort of anniversary. Nope. Cancel any romance for our anniversary. No date. No Gifts. No cards. Retreat goes home on Saturday afternoon. Sunday. Sarah feeling puny. Good thing Dr. gave her Tamiflu already. Start taking drugs. Both Ben and I feeling crappy. Looking forward to 3 kids going to school on Monday.(did I just say that?) Woke up Monday realizing that I could not get myself out of bed to get everyone ready for school. Happy Birthday Mommy. (I have a case of the poor me's) Kids stay home. Probably good though.
Tuesday morning: One Husband still passed out on the sofa, one Mom feeling a bit better with drugs, one child with fever, 2 with cough's. Take 3 to Dr. Flu all around. Buy the Drug store out of Tamiflu for the kids. All 5 are taking drugs.
You seriously should see my house. AHHH! A tornado came through here! Why would I not have bought paper plates? Why? Why? Why?
Fast forward to today (Wednesday) Ben STILL not feeling well. But I think he has turned a corner. Hopefully! The kids have to stay home for one more day. They are still contagious. I am hoping that they are better so we can go to card party on Friday night. Also have a Bridal Brunch for my Mom on Saturday. Her wedding is the 29th. Coming up! Still need to buy a dress. Ahh!

Whew. I feel better getting that out. Thanks for lending an eye. You all are great!
Sarah

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Sarah! I have missed your blog so much. I knew it was because of Shaelynn. You say things so eloquently..you really have a gift! I'm so sorry you were all sick on anniversary and birthday. I'm so sad for you. This too shall pass. You'll look back and laugh. I'll be praying for you all! I love you, Libby
Brenda Rae said…
I feel your pain, but we seem to be getting it one at a time. No one diagnosed with Influenza yet! Let's hope that is not what I have. What a spring break if so!
Joab Meyer said…
Hi, this is Megan's cousin Emily. I love your blog. Yes, the flu is NOT fun at all!
Mindy said…
I was just saying today at work that as much as I hate filling Tamiflu rx's for a whole family, I'd much rather do that than have my whole family sick and have to take it! Hope you all are better soon!
I've been subscribed to you for a while! can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Sarah, I am so glad you are sharing your pain with us! Thank you for your honesty.

On a much smaller scale we had a stomach flu marathon a few months ago. We all had it within 36 hours. I remember the middle of the night running from the toilet for myself to the bedroom for the girls in my underwear. We just piled all the towels on the bathroom floor - I think we used all we had! Anyway, you'll look back and laugh. I will keep you in my prayers for comfort and continued peace!

Popular Posts