I have purposely not posted a update, simply because I have not known what to say. You all know the heartache that my family has been going through with Shaelynn. She is such a sweet example, to me, of Christ's love. Her heart, her little voice, the fact that her short life has been so rough, yet she is so young, she really knew that life could be different. I have to marvel at that. She really thought that being poked and prodded was normal. It was for her.
It is with a heavy heart that I post this morning. Shaelynn went into the loving arms of her sweet Savior at 6:45 this morning.
My mom called to give us the news shortly after. Pray for Drew and Sam. This was a terribly agonizing last 10 days. There were so many times that we thought that it was so close, but her little body would rally for another day. She was a picture of strength to us all. Many Doctors and nurses were shocked at her resiliance. So were we.
I have to think, in awe, that this sweet baby girl has no more pain. Her earthly scars, of which she had many, are gone! She is flashing that sweet smile, and those huge brown eyes of hers to her Grandpa, who she never met on earth. Shaelynn Sue Kelly is at home in those loving arms of our Lord and merciful Savior. My earthly self has to think of Dad. He is with that girl! He is showing her around Heaven! I wonder if their mansions are next to each other? I have a peace in that. I have to wonder at Gods purpose, but I am confidant that it will be revealed. I know that God had her days predestined. I also know that God has all of our days predestined. I just kept thinking that Shaelynn was really no closer than I am, it is just that her home-going was more obvious. Each of us do not know what tomorrow will bring. Please live today to the fullest.
Thank you all for the prayers. I certainly appreciate each one of them. For those of you who have kept track on the CarePages, thank you. Drew and Samantha need those prayers. So keep offering them up.
I am not sure of any of the arrangements. I know that the service will be at Harmony Bible church. The funeral home that will be used is Elliot Chapel in New London. You could check out Elliot's website.
Thank you again.
Sarah, Ben, Jonah, Lydia, Fiona, Ruby, and Lillian.

Comments

Alyssa said…
Hi Ben,
It's Alyssa Larson. I'm so sorry about your lose, but the thought of precious Shaelynn with Jesus is just amazing. I know how hard it is to see such a sweet child only granted such a short life; my brother Grady passed away from a brain tumor called a pineoblastoma at the age of 5. It's so hard to know why God would take away a child at such a young age, and to remember that God is always in control.

My prayers are still with your family. I love you all!
-Alyssa
Anonymous said…
Sarah and Ben,
We are thinking of your whole family today. I'm sorry for the heartache that everyone has been through. If I can help out with anything to make things easier for you guys, please let me know. Are the children sitting through the service? I don't want to be disrespectful if Addy's there. Also, I'm not sure how she would react seeing Shaelynn. She might be confussed. You are a more experienced mother than me. What do I do? Love you all,
Megan Hulett
Kiki said…
Sarah, I am sending up prayers for your whole family. That is all I know to do or say. Love you.
I am praying with you as well!
Tasha

Popular Posts