What do you think?

Tell me which is the greater sadness...

I found an adorable pair of Stride-Rite booties at our local resale shop a few weeks ago. I bought them for my niece Naomi, thinking that they would be so sweet on her. Well, I forgot to send them with Megan last week, so I brought them home and wondered if they might fit Lillian. Well, Lil, being the little peanut she is did fit into these cute shoes. So I had her wearing them today.

Ben comes home for lunch today and I am trying to finish up some Camp work, so ask him to make his own meal. He proceeds to the fridge to retrieve the leftover Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake. This is a yummy thing that Joy made. Really... cream cheese and pumpkin, you can't go wrong. So anyway, Ben eats most of the piece, and saves the rest for me. Thanks Honey! As I am finishing up on my Camp work, I notice that Lillian is limping. She is limping on MY piece of Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake! That delicious piece of perfectly mixed pumpkin, cream cheese, and spices all in a lovely ginger snap crust! AHH!

So she is wearing the Stride Rite's. The tread is full of my pie. I spent 20 minutes of her nap time with a toothpick, sadly removing this lovely cheesecake from the tread, pondering, which is the greater loss? I did get the shoe clean. They were only $4.99. She did walk on my carpet with the cheesecake shoe. I lost the last piece of pie. Lovely cheesecake, no less. But did I really need to eat any more pie?

Ponder these things with me please.

Sarah

Comments

Brenda Rae said…
I think losing the cheesecake is the greatest sadness - the shoes will clean with time....put the pumpkin and cream cheese swirled greatness proably won't be back for 12 months.
Anonymous said…
Sarah! Oh, how I have missed reading your blog! Thanks for coming back to us. I'm glad Jonah had such a good time on his trip. But aren't you thankful they are home? The cheesecake is the greater loss..definately. Jason would say the carpet is the greater loss! Ha! Talk to you soon, Libby

Popular Posts