Thoughts...

Thankfulness:  Feeling or expressing gratitude. Appreciation.

I have always made a practice of being thankful.  Thanking the gentleman for holding the door.  Thanking the banker at the drive through.  Thanking all the nurses over and over during 5 deliveries. Being thankful is something I am more than willing to do, and I enjoy it.  I strive to teach my children the benefits of gratefulness, and encourage them to practice it.  

I realize that I may sound proud, or boastful, or something, but I just really feel very strongly about thankfulness.  I am not sure if it is a reflex to my upbringing, or what, but manners were always important to me.  I wonder if it has to do with the idea that the better manners I had, the more I got?  People respond well to thankfulness.  It could be that this was one way to make people happy.  I am a people pleaser....  funny that both Ben and I are perpetual people pleasers.  Hmmmmm. 

Anyway, here I am doing a Bible Study on gratitude.  I was thinking to myself.  "I am grateful in all situations.  I am a very thankful person.  But am I? I tend to be thankful to people.  Am I grateful to GOD?  That is the question?  Do I really give thanks to Him as I should?  Am I truly grateful in my life for the things Christ has done, and do I give Him the thanks for that?   Every circumstance, every trial, every worry, needs to be followed with gratefulness.  Gratefulness to a Father who deserves my gratitude.  Thank you Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts