My Jonah is 12.

Today at 9:32 am my eldest child turned 12.  


I can't believe that I just typed that.  


Dear Jonah,


You are now 12 years old.  You are my firstborn.  A son, followed by 4 girls.  On the day that you were born, I was very nervous.  I really really wanted to be a Mom, but I was nervous.  I had no idea how my life was about to change.  The moment you were born, I knew that I was ready.  Your Dad and I held you and loved you so much!  You were the first Grandchild, and Great Grandchild, on both sides of our family.  The anticipation for you was so great.  You had so many people visit you in the hospital.   We did not think that you would be here so early, as you were due on January 9.  But you arrived safe and sound 3 weeks early.  Weighing in at 6 pounds even, and 21 inches long, you were long and skinny!  I thought that you were the best looking baby that I had ever seen, as most Mothers think.  
I must tell you that I was certain that you were a girl.  Your name was to be Natalie Rose, and I had envisioned pink on you.  I had in fact bought many pink items for you.  

You are entering a stage of life that is different.  You are nearly a teenager.  You are almost to the point that you will notice girls (heaven help me) You will encounter more responsibility, and challenges as you grow, but I pray that we have trained you well, and prayed over you, that you will be able to endure those challenges.  
I will never forget the day we brought you home from the hospital.  We brought you home in a stocking and Santa hat.  You were truly the best Christmas present we have ever received.  We love you!
Love, Mom and Dad


Unfortunately the power went out, and I cannot publish this post, or add pictures, but we are having fun!  Love you buddy!


Power back on, we are at the in-laws and unfortunately 8 people have thrown up.... I believe this may be an epidemic!


So here are some pictures of my boy, and since we are not home, I can not scan baby pics of my boy, so I will just post some more recent pics of him.  






































We love you Jonah and look forward to the nest 12 years with you!


Comments

Tyson said…
What a good-looking kid. He truly is "not nasty."

Popular Posts