Welcome Back Sarah, From Blogsphere.

Ridiculous! I know! I was on a real roll there in February, but got sidetracked by my weird obsession to deep clean and organize some areas of my home. Shocking for me I realize, but feels great none the less! I did such things as deep clean my bedroom, and purge 3 giant garbage bags of clothing for Goodwill. I even hung pictures in my room after only living in this house for a year and a half. I moved the furniture in there to, so it works a bit better for me. I am actually even using my closet for the purposes that it was intended! I have spot cleaned some of my carpets, vacuumed all of the flies and lady bugs out of the windows, vacuuming all around the edges and corners. Ben cleaned out 3 closets and purged 3 garbage bags of unnecessary "stuff" Thanks honey. I have washed some windows, love the new Windex Wipes. I have managed to keep up with this families immense amount of laundry too! By the way.... did you know that the new Electrolux washer and dryer have a fast load that takes 18 minutes, and 18 minutes to dry? Did you read that right? Yes, you did. 18 min wash, 18 min dry. Seriously!! For a cool $2600.00, the 4.7 cubic foot washer, and 8.0 cubic foot dryer could be yours, or mine. Start saving now girls. It is projected to last at least 15 years. Anyhow, sidetracked by the shocking stats....
All this cleaning and such, so that Ben and I could get away for our anniversary. March 8 marked 12 years of wedded bliss! Tyson and Sarah offered (note: no, we did not strong arm them) to stay with the kids for 2 days so that Ben and I could get away. What a treat! Tyson and Sarah were fine, and they said the kids were good. I believe that Tyson mentioned that it was "easy" Hehe! Anyway, Ben and I went to the Quad Cities. We had a great time. We had lazy breakfasts at Panera, went to some exhibits, Cafe` for lunch, fancy dinners, and even an amazing show! We had a great time. Neither one of us can believe that it has been 12 years. We have had a sweet dozen, and are both excited for the next 12.
We arrived home on Tuesday March 10th, which is my Birthday, to a Birthday surprise from the kids and Tyson and Sarah. A cake and an 5 very excited kids greeted us when we arrived home.
Now the challenge is to keep up with all the cleaning that was accomplished. I must tell you though, that with this gorgeous weather we are having, it is difficult to stay in and fold laundry. The hight today is to be around 68, and tomorrow, well tomorrow is guessed to be in the 70's!
I feel like this post was a bit of everywhere, sorry for that. I need to get back in the swing of things I guess.
That's it for now.
Sarah

Comments

Just THINK about how much $$ you would save with that set though.... Seriously - running a dryer for half the time, or a washer for like 1/4.... It has to use less water too...

I LOVE my duet sport set, but now I'm lusting. :-)
Holly said…
I'm impressed with your cleaning prowess. I'm on a roll too! I love getting rid of things that we don't need ! Feels so good. And windex wipes????!!! I'll have to buy some next time at Walmart.
Lindsay said…
Hey Sarah-
I got your message on my blog a few days ago and was overcome with GUILT!! We have some pretty big news in our lives, which you may or may not have heard about. We are actually moving this summer. Dameon has accepted the position as director of bands at Waterloo West High School. This totally came up unexpectedly and God is totally stretching me out of my comfort zone but that's why we feel like we need to take a leap of faith. So, yeah...very mixed emotions going on right now. I am so sad that I will not have Ruby or Lilly in my class but I can guarantee you that the rest of the kindergarten team is very highly qualified. We need to have our girls' night soon so we can chat. sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!
Lissa said…
You should post more often, Sarah! :) I hope you all are well!

Popular Posts